We’re excited to announce that Hope Story has been selected as an official charity partner for the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon, which will be held on November 6, 2022. As an official charity partner, we will be able to offer runners guaranteed spots in the marathon while also allowing them to raise funds that will enable Hope Story to bring hope to families whose child has received a Down syndrome diagnosis.
The TCS New York City Marathon is the largest in the world, and we invite you to apply by clicking the button below.
Benefits of Running with Team Hope Story
- Guarantee Race Entry to the 2022 TCS NYC Marathon sponsored by New Balance.
- A personal fundraising page to help you achieve your fundraising goal.
- Team dinner in New York City for you and your immediate family.
- Hope Story running swag.
- An opportunity to raise funds that help Hope Story bring hope to families whose child has been diagnosed with Down syndrome.
- Monthly Team meetings to encourage and motivate you as you train for the marathon!
- All runners must commit to meet or exceed the fund raising requirement of $3,000 that goes to Hope Story. Runners have until November 1, 2022 to reach their fundraising goal.
- Runners are responsible for paying their race registration fee direction to the New York Road Runners (NYRR.) The cost is $295 for non-NYRR members, $225 for NYRR members, and $358 for international runners.
- The NYRR’s require all runners to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Runners are required to be at the team dinner in New York City on Friday, November 6. (Runners may bring their immediate family to the dinner.)
- Attend a monthly team Zoom call. (We understand life happens, but in general we ask that you make every effort to attend the monthly team call. Once the team is selected we will send out a survey to help decide what day / time works best for the team.
Applicants will be notified by April 29, 2022.